The Loudonville-Perrysville School Foundation, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Ohio on January 7, 2008. Our Letter of Determination from the Internal Revenue Service was effective as of March 26, 2008.
Before our incorporation, an ad hoc group of supporters operated informally, but in much the same manner as our Foundation operates today. Since the year 2000, we have worked every year with the high school seniors on an activity known as the "Senior Project."
Each year the Senior Project raises funds to assist the Loudonville-Perrysville Schools with the purchase of items to benefit the district’s students and teachers. In addition to raising funds that assist our schools, the Foundation has a soft objective of teaching our young adults the importance of giving back to their community. This soft objective is usually accomplished by incorporating into the Senior Project the gathering of food for the local food pantry.
The formally stated mission of the Loudonville-Perrysville School Foundation is to join together with community members, businesses, civic organizations, alumni, and any other proponents of education, in order to support and enhance the educational opportunities for students of the Loudonville-Perrysville School District.
Some of the Foundation's activities include:
- Making annual grants to benefit the L-P Schools and its students.
- Coordinating work with the high school seniors each year on a community service project.
- Reaching out to alumni, businesses, civic organizations, and other supporters of education, seeking their support for the Foundation's activities.
- Publicizing the accomplishments of the Foundation and the L-P Schools through newsletters, a website, or other means of communication.
- Seeking grants from other foundations supportive of education.
- Partnering with other organizations supportive of the L-P Schools or education in general.